At Saline Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Our visitor policy as of 3/18/2021 is the following:
Emergency Department/All Inpatient Units Excluding BHU & COVID Patients:
- One well visitor at a time, ages 16 or older. Allowed for 24/7 visitation
Labor & Delivery Patients:
- Two well visitors at a time, ages 16 or older. Allowed for 24/7 visitation
Outpatient Surgery/ GI Services/ Diagnostic Services:
- One well visitor ages 16 or older at a time per visit
- All visitors and employees will be screened before entering the hospital. Everyone will be required to wear a mask. Please bring a mask with you when you come.
- All visitors and employees must enter through the Main Entrance or Emergency Department. Main Entrance hours are 8AM-8PM. Emergency Department entrance is open 24/7.
- Our Cafeteria will be closed to all outside visitors.
- We screen all employees, physicians, patients, and visitors daily for fever, symptoms, and recent travel.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COVID-19 VACCINE? VISIT OUR FAQ PAGE.
Elective Procedure COVID Testing
The Arkansas Department of Health recently announced that it is lifting the directive requiring COVID-19 testing for patients undergoing elective procedures. This allows individual hospitals to make the decision on testing based on the needs of the community. In order to provide the highest level of safety to our patients, physicians and staff members, Saline Health System plans to continue testing patients before elective procedures as long testing supplies are available. We believe this is the best decision as we strive to make our communities healthier. If you have any questions, please contact your physician’s office prior to your scheduled procedure. Please visit our website at SalineMemorial.org for the latest updates on COVID-19 procedures at Saline Health System.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Local/state health department – https://www.salinecounty.org/health_department
- Local emergency management association – https://www.salinecounty.org/emergency_management
- State hospital association – https://www.arkhospitals.org/
As many in our community are seeking testing for COVID-19, we want to remind you of the process for getting tested. Testing equipment is still limited in our community so please be sure to contact your provider to determine availability before going to the clinic or hospital. If you have questions, contact the Arkansas Department of Health or use UAMS Health Now Screening Tool or Drive-Thru Screening.
Do you have the supplies and capacity to accommodate my procedure?
What to expect when you visit the hospital:
What to expect when you visit our clinics: